Summer Position: Historical Interpreter / Summer Camp Attendant
The Leduc #1 Museum and Energy Discovery Centre is a museum located near Devon, Alberta. Its exhibits and educational programs encourage visitors to consider how Canada’s energy sector impacts our society, economy and environment.
· Position: Historical Interpreter / Summer Camp Attendant
· 15-week employment period - 37.5 hours/week (5 days a week for 7.5 hours a day), weekend work required
· Start date: May 1, 2019 (negotiable)
· Museum Summer Hours: Monday to Saturday 9am to 5pm
· The Historical Interpreter will offer guided tours of the museum, both inside and outside. They will also answer questions related to local history and assist visitors of different ages and/or abilities.
· Under the guidance of the Education Coordinator, the successful candidate will participate in the development and execution of educational programs.
· As a member of staff, the summer student will assist in planning, organizing and facilitating events and/or programs offered by the museum during summer months.
· The successful candidate will lead and supervise summer camps. This may include but is not limited to: facilitating science experiments and related activities, communicating with parents as well as adapting content to engage school-aged children.
· Must have been enrolled in full-time post-secondary studies with the intent to return to full time studies in the upcoming Fall semester (proof of enrolment required.)
· Strong communication skills and work ethic.
· Excellent customer service skills and the ability to engage visitors in a variety of settings.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Must be willing and able to work outside, lift up to 20Ibs and perform general maintenance duties as required by the museum.
· Experience working or volunteering in a museum, French language skills and knowledge of Canada’s energy sector will be considered an asset.
Please email cover letter and resume Attn: Emma Gammans, Communications and Education Coordinator at email@example.com. Please quote "Young Canada Works Summer Position 2019" in the heading of your application. For more information on the Leduc #1 Energy Discovery Centre and its programs, visit our website at www.leducnumber1.com.
Application deadline: March 31st, 2019